At the time of this writing there are four days, 18 hours until Shadows in Death is in stores. (Four days, 9 hours until it starts showing up on ereaders). How to make it through? A few teasers, of course.
First, the description:
While Eve examines a fresh body in Washington Square Park, her husband, Roarke, spots a man among the onlookers he knew in his younger days on the streets of Dublin. A man who claims to be his half brother. A man who kills for a living—and who burns with hatred for him.
Eve is quick to suspect that the victim’s spouse—resentful over his wife’s affair and poised to inherit her fortune—would have happily paid an assassin to do his dirty work. Roarke is just as quick to warn her that if Lorcan Cobbe is the hitman, she needs to be careful. Law enforcement agencies worldwide have pursued this cold-hearted killer for years, to no avail. And his lazy smirk when he looked Roarke’s way indicates that he will target anyone who matters to Roarke…and is confident he’ll get away with it.
Eve is desperate to protect Roarke. Roarke is desperate to protect Eve. And together, they’re determined to find Cobbe before he finds them—even if it takes them across the Atlantic, far outside Eve’s usual jurisdiction…
As usual, I’ll share some teasers — things to look out for along the course of the case. No real spoilers, just some fun. I’ll add for the next three days, so stay tuned.
Thursday, September 3
– We take trip in the Wayback Machine with Jack and Ryan
– There’s a firm read on one of the Marriage Rules
– Reo and Eve play their roles to perfection
Friday, September 4
– Feeney has a different approach (and name?) for the Marriage Rules
– Roarke + Dennis Mira = a great deal
– We learn what could scare Eve, Roarke and Summerset.
Saturday, September 5
– Precautions: necessary — if insulting.
– Sometimes other people dream and soothe
– What if Roarke hadn’t gone legit?
– NYPSD kicks the world’s investigative butt