Well, it’s been an interesting week. To cap it off, here’s the complete, definitive list of what you won’t see in the In Death series from JD Robb herself. ~Laura
The Top Nine In Death Things I’ll Never Write
And One That’s A Loooooooong Way Off
1. Eve and Roarke babysitting Bella for any length of time.
The middle of murder is not the time for her slooches and delightful antics.
2. Nadine and Baxter in love (or sex).
A conflict of interest. One of them–the Crime Beat reporter or the Cop–would have to change careers. I think we all enjoy them too much for that.
3. Nadine and Trueheart in love (or sex).
She’d eat that sweet boy alive.
Its 2061 and birth control has been handled (off page) and reliable pregnancy tests would be as easily–if not more–available than a candy bar.
5. Eve dreaming about being pregnant.
6. Roarke kidnapped.
He’d kick a potential kidnapper’s ass.
7. Eve kidnapped.
8. Eve in a coma/seriously injured so the rest of the gang can take point on an investigation.
Eve is THE central character and is always going to take point.
9. Roarke in a coma/seriously injured, etc.
Roarke is a central character. I don’t want to write a story where he’s not front and center.
10. Peabody and McNab may very well get married, even have a kid–sometime way, way, down the road. WAY DOWN.
At this point, and peering into my crystal ball for the foreseeable future, they’re really happy as co-habs.