Ok, gang, First, you should all be grateful that I kept at the unpacking and organizing and got my hands on my copy of Festive in Death. (I know I am.) Second, I’ll be posting some teasers and bits of info about Festive here over the next few days. No real spoilers because I think the plot is more fun when you discover things for yourself.
Everyone’s favorite young street vendor is back and helps Eve out — a lot. He’s had a good year, made some changes to his business and shows Eve the results of the favor she did for him the previous December. And since someone will ask, his grandmother is well but doesn’t appear on page.
Oh, and Eve makes a deal with her personal devil on gift wrapping.
Teaser 2 (added on 9/4/14)
Today some one liners:
Homicide detectives like holidays too.
We learn a little more about the future of the building in Concealed.
Eve learns a little more about her home and the rooms inside.
And we learn a different approach to Dickie Berenski courtesy of the new forensic anthropologist.
Teaser 3 (added on 9/5/14)
As someone reminded me, yesterday was only four points, not five. Math and I are not friends.
– Feeney finds time to see Eve the day before the party to give her his gift. It’s a fine, loving, Eve/Feeney uncomfortable moment. And the moment extends a bit when Eve brings the gift home.
– Roarke re-affirms his love with brand new descriptions of how he’d deal with Eve should she ever stray.
– Eve tries to wiggle out of her deal with the devil, but ultimately can’t. But not before we see an area of the home that’s nearly mythical and yet fully equipped for work.
– It appears running a homicide squad prepares a person to deal with warring florists and designers.
– Finally a bit of a follow up on characters from Thankless — and more gifts — is all part of the party run up.
– And it’s a pretty damn good party.