We’re a week out from the September 6 release date, so I thought I’d share some teasers. As always, these are not spoilers that reveal major plot points, but some nuggets to look out for as you race through the book.
I’ll update for at least four days this week, maybe five, maybe not.
Monday, August 29:
In a busy Chapter 2 we have:
– A little joke that goes wide of the mark
– Office designs that may or may not suck
– Some major e-geekiness from Roarke, plus he gets to act out a fantasy
Tuesday, August 30
– Some decorating decisions are made.
– Much geek joy results from Roarke’s chapter 2 work, Peabody describes it best.
– Someone gets a ride in the DLE and wants one when they are available.
Wednesday, August 31
– There’s a quiet Eve & Roarke moment amid the chaos of the case in Chapter 8 that offers a little glimpse of a younger Eve.
– Marriage proposals can happen anywhere/anytime. And don’t involve characters we know.
Thursday, September 1
– It seems Nadine may like rock ‘n roll.
– Roarke feels torn by connections
– Mira misinterprets Eve’s term for an energy boost shake. To Eve’s embarrassment.
Friday, September 2
– Roarke’s Christmas gift pays off
– Birthday party, Mavis style.
Thanks for playing along. Curious to see what you all think when you see the teasers in context. Because honestly? Most of the guesses are way off. But that only makes it more fun. Back on Tuesday to open the discussion thread.